Wednesday, November 02, 2005

PC Gamer Gives Myst V a whomping 68%!


It is yet another sad time in lives of Myst fans when the last game of the series get the paddle to it's fresh behind. The review, written by Chuck Osborn, was quoted as saying "Too short; nearly non-existent plot; undefined endings." Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of PC Gamer but I don't find them 100% untrue, especially when the review gave Myst IV 80% and URU 91%. This is just yet another sign of the reason why there will be no more Myst games. While I'm not sentencing Myst V to a horrible doom, it does go to show that Cyan really needs to move on. There are rumor floating around right now saying that Cyan's CEO Rand Miller will soon announce the company's next move. Only time will tell the future of Cyan Worlds.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Reckt'vor said...

just goes to show how the mainstream will never truly understand myst.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it a total drag that the rest of the gaming world has no interest in contemplation for its own sake? When I discovered Riven I was amazed and enchanted that such beautiful things could be achieved in a computer game.
I liked Ico, but even that was a bit heavy on the gameplay. Am I one of the only people in the world who just wants to wander round looking at things?

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home